since last writing about donald bros ltd in 2016, i’ve kept them in the back of my mind and consequently, i’ve compiled a catalogue of information sources relating to the company that I’ve found on the net.
- Edinburgh College of Art PhD Thesis written in 1997 by Helen Douglas. Available in full using above link.
- Records held by Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections
Heriot Watt University Heritage and Information Governance Service Textile Collection: Donald Brothers
- The collection, held at the Scottish Borders campus in Galashiels includes a large range of pattern books and fabric samples.
- A piece by Jenny Steele about Marion Dorn’s textile design including her work for Donald Brothers
- My collection of Donald Bros images, some original, most from the net.
Looking forward very much to seeing and learning more given that the work of Donald Brothers will be among the exhibits in the Scottish Design galleries of the soon to open V and A Dundee.