Since last writing about donald bros ltd in 2016, I’ve kept them in the back of my mind. Here’s a compilation of information sources relating to the company.
- Edinburgh College of Art PhD Thesis written in 1997 by Helen Douglas. Available in full using above link.
- Records held by Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections
Heriot Watt University Heritage and Information Governance Service Textile Collection: Donald Brothers
- The collection, held at the Scottish Borders campus in Galashiels includes a large range of pattern books and fabric samples.
- A piece by Jenny Steele about Marion Dorn’s textile design including her work for Donald Brothers
- My collection of Donald Bros images, some original, most from the net.
Looking forward very much to seeing and learning more: the work of Donald Brothers will be among the exhibits in the Scottish Design galleries of the soon to open V and A Dundee.